Friday, May 27, 2011

Questions, Questions, Questions!

It's just the way it is: I don't have the answers to all my questions in life and beyond. And for some reason, I don't have any problem with that either. I am completely at peace that I don't know everything. But the thing is, I may not know everything but it is not out of ignorance. I don't know and I can't understand everything because I am a limited, finite being. The human mind and intelligence is limited no matter what kind of genius you are.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD." -Isaiah 55:8

As Christians, we do know that we have an omniscient, omnipresent, almighty God. I have complete faith in Him that He is in control of everything that is happening and all that is about to happen in the whole universe. I don't even know what is beyond the "known" universe. It's one of those things that I don't know and I won't even begin to think about it for fear of a resulting gigantic headache. I've read somewhere that the whole universe is so huge that the earth is just a mere speck on it. If the world is a speck then I am microscopic!

I also don't know where God came from, if He came from anything? And I don't know how and when the "beginning" started, if there is such a thing as a beginning? But I do know God is what He says He is since eternal past and He is the same for all eternal future because He said so. I can't fully understand nor explain to you the whole truth of the Trinity, but if I can put my God in a box and be able to explain to you fully of who He is, I'll be in big trouble!

Our generation and the next are the most educated and well-informed people of all time. The power of the internet is proof to that. We have a great array of information and data available to us at the flick of our fingertips anytime. We have thousands of books being published every year. We have schools and universities flourishing with knowledge and education. We cry "foul" when we learn (from the news) that children in other places don't get the same kind of opportunities to go to school. We have television programs and video websites available daily which cover anything and everything under the sun. Man has been to the moon and back and space explorations are now going on way beyond the stars. It's amazing and overwhelming to see how far we've gone as compared to our parents just a couple of decades ago. And these are great things! Education and schooling is important. The internet and all the other media resources are great. Books are essential to civilization, and astronomic explorations are very interesting, to say the least. I guess my point is, look how far we've gone but still we don't know everything. Does that say something to you? It says a lot to me. It's a poignant fact that tells me there is indeed a God.

And I don't know why He created the earth, why He created Adam and Eve, and why He placed the tree of knowledge of truth and evil amidst the garden when He knows what's going to happen to all mankind after the fall. I don't know why He choose to answer prayers differently, but I do know He answers prayers. I don't know why He allows suffering, pain and disasters to happen to good people, especially to children. These are very hard questions, but I do ask God about it once in a while. Not to mock Him or accuse Him of anything but just to talk to Him about how I feel. He knows I feel sorrow and fear whenever I see evil things happening around the world. He knows I feel helpless and inadequate to protect my loved ones from bad things, and He comforts me. He comforts me with the quiet assurance from the Holy Spirit within me though I don't have all the answers. Most important of all, He comforts and assures me with what I do know: His infallible Word. And that's more than enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...