Monday, May 23, 2011

Cloud-Watching

As originally published on www.quazen.com through Triond on September 6, 2011.
http://sweetened-waters.quazen.com/recreation/outdoors/cloud-watching/


One of my favorite pastimes is cloud-watching. Ever since I was a child, I remember lying down on my back somewhere, anywhere just to look up at the skies. I don't particularly remember if I was at the park or I was on top of my Dad's old beetle. But I do remember how I felt as I watched those cotton-like (and sometimes gray) mass up in the sky. I felt peaceful and happy. As any other kid who has looked at the clouds, I often see different shapes the mass takes on. I saw shapes of animals, trees, and sometimes people but mostly, I saw pigs and ducks. I don't know why.

When those shapes begin to form and un-form before my eyes, I can't help but think that there is some kind of a huge force blowing at those clouds to create the magnificent shapes. The bluest of blue skies often frame those works of art. I had an exclusive art gallery in the skies. Of course, I didn't quite think this way when I was a child but as I reminisce those warm, clear summer afternoons of cloud-watching, it's as if I'm 8 again.

As I try to peek at the clouds now that I'm older, I still get the same old feeling of peace and contentment. Sometimes I wonder if those are the same clouds I watched when I was a kid? Maybe not. But isn't it the same endless sky we share with the whole world? I really don't know and it doesn't really matter. It just makes me happy to see my old "friends" again from afar and from way back. We do have a history together, as they say. We share lots of good memories, great shapes and awesome white or gray pigs and ducks against a blue canvass of heavens.

"Look unto the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds which are higher than thou." -Job 35:5

I like clouds but I don't remember most of their names or their kinds. The only ones I know are the nimbus and the cumulus clouds. But I feel it's okay. They don't mind at all. I think they like being watched and that's more than enough. But they're also a force to reckon with. As I learn more grown-up facts about clouds, I respect these creations even more. They have so much energy in them that when two clouds meet and they happen to have opposite charges, they can produce climatic disturbances. This fact alone should tell us that those fluffy-looking, cotton-like mass up in the skies are not at all cute. They are made by the Creator who has power, force and unlimited energy that lasts forever and ever.

Yes, clouds always make me think of pigs, ducks and God.

© Copyright, MMD Images, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...